Sunday, January 20, 2013

Today is my birthday

It is funny, as a child I used to think 40 was ancient. Now I think 40 are almost youngsters.
When I go to a clinic and a young thing of 24 or 25 attends me, I feel like we are playing Dr.
I have one of my sons live with me and the relationship is subtly changing to him caring for me instead on me caring for him.
through social media, I have a host of greeting and good wishes. And another aspect of social media, is the number of people who share my birthday.
I don’t feel any older. I often think how old would I be if I didn’t know how old I was.
I renewed my drivers licence for $17 instead of $85. My hair cut s are cheaper and I don’t pay bank charges. I can ride the ferry free on certain days of the week and my house taxes are cheaper.
Although the stretch of the health care is greater, there are some advantages to growing older.
So I will sit here and get spoiled today. Reality of tomorrow comes soon enough. I will appreciate each day and say each evening, well I made another one.
To all who share this day as their birthday, I share my good wishes to the others you have receivedImage.

No comments: