Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Juan De Fuca Art and Craft Guild

What a good thing to be among like minded people.

I have just arrived home from the monthly meeting of the Juan De Fuca Arts and Craft Guild Meeting.

I had a co pilot  to reach the St. Johns Heritage Church in Colwood. I seem to have to drive by GPS

The majority of the membership were women. with the odd token male to set the tone.

It is easy to see why the Good Book directs the older ladies to instruct the younger ones. We have so much to share and such a lot more to learn.

The skills and trades we have are so interesting to share with a younger person.

The Guild is made up of all types of arts and crafts, fine art, metal and wood work, rock-hounds, quilters, knitters, spinners and weavers, collectors and creators.

And sitting there, I hear snippets of tips, and knowledge that I file away in my little brain box of data to sort out later.

At the beginning of the meeting, we paused a moment to present past president Joanne Burton with her past presidents pin. A well earned accolade.

I saw a beautiful picture tonight of torn paper craft. It was astounding.

Many had knitting on their lap as their fingers and needles clicked along.


When the business part was done, including notices of an auction to be held in May as well as a craft fair.also in May, we broke for coffee and goodies and then were treated to an art show.


Each piece done with love and talent. Some in water colour, some in oils, some in charcoal. It whetted your appetite for more and then they announced that more was to come at the Juan De Fuca Seniors Centre.
  


Follow this blog for dates and events to come.

In the mean time, take a peek at some of the art pieces presented tonight. I apologize for not having the names of the artist. I wasn't quick enough on the trigger to get a pencil and write the names. I will do better next time.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this site Patty - good to see you last evening. What fun we had at the auction.
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! Ӏ found іt while browsing on Yahoo
News. Do you have any suggеstions on how to get listеd in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Visit my blog post; vipshoppingalert.com