Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Learning Curve

I have used a lot of different web page design software packages in the last 15 years.
I am now trying to get a handle on Wordpress. 

I started out with just a blog,but as I added information and pages from other elements of the Juan De Fuca Arts and Crafts Guild, it took on the appearance  and functions of a website.

It is a quick learning for just blogs, but I wanted to add more. This took some research and a lot of trial and error.

I think so far, we are co existing Wordpress and I.

It you want to see what the fruits of my labour have been, look at

The hardest part was embedding the calender. That gave me about 4 days of struggling, deleting and trying again. I think I have it in there now.

The intriguing part, is that by clicking on an upcoming event, you can get full details, interface with google map for directions and even get a street view of the event.

Technology has come a long way since I started in HTML. 
I wonder what else I can add?

No comments: